In video games, goals are ...
1. Well-defined – for instance, saving a princess or launching a bird at a pig.
2. Measurable – you receive a score.
3. Incremental – you have immediate goals that get you to the next level.
4. Feedback-supported. You know the results of your actions right away.
5. Within a time frame. A timer is counting down or a jingle is playing. You move.
6. Attainable. The level of difficulty increases gradually. You experience success.
7. Not boring. The level of difficulty increases gradually. You experience challenge.
8. Emotionally safe. You can make mistakes.
9. Active. You practice.
10. Rewarding. Visual and audio stimuli provide variable surprise rewards and celebrate your success with you.
Adapted from Parenting in the Age of Attention Snatchers by Lucy Jo Palladino, PhD